● Six ELA teachers, cycle I and II from five Quebec school boards (ETSB, EMSB, SWLSB, RSB, LBPSB)
● Teachers were recommended by consultants and invited to participate
● All experienced teachers teaching in different contexts
● Current practice in teaching response to text involves teacher text selection (short stories), reading (whole group or individual), whole group discussion (IRE model) and student talk (in pairs and small groups) that does not help students improve the meaning making process.
● While teachers use whole group and small group discussion, facilitating discussions and modeling talk moves that can improve student talk was intuitive.